I am thankful for this day I have been given to make of myself what I choose.
I am thankful for those friends around me.
I am thankful for those I am able to support.
I am thankful for those who support me.
I am thankful for the 6 areas of my life I can grow in - Mental, Physical, Spiritual, Family, Financial, Social.
I am thankful for the life I have lived to date - for the opportunities I have been given, the ones I will be given, and especially for those I have in front of me right now.
Life is choices - I am thankful I have choices in front of me.
I am thankful for the water I drink, the food I eat, for my shelter, warmth, clothing and care.
I make of this day a life I am proud to be part of.
Monday, 12 December 2011
How do I craft an exceptional life? Ultimately, life goes by in a blink.
Might I live the same year 80 times.
To avoid getting to the end and perhaps feeling flooded with regret over a live half-lived, I read (and then apply) these tips:
- I exercise daily.
- I am serious about gratitude.
- I see my work as a craft.
- I expect the best and prepare for the worst.
- I keep a journal.
- I plan a schedule for my week.
- I know the 5 highest priorities of my life.
- I say YES to staying on task.
- I drink a lot of water.
- I improve my work every single day.
- I have a mentor.
- I have a paid coach.
- I get up at 6am each day.
- I eat only the food my body needs.
- I identify heroes that move me.
- I am a hero to someone.
- I smile at strangers.
- I am the most ethical person I know.
- I only "settle" for excellence.
- I savour life’s simple pleasures.
- I save 10% of my income each month.
- I spend time at art galleries.
- I walk in the woods.
- I write "thank you" letters to those who’ve helped me.
- I forgive those who’ve wronged me.
- I live that leadership is about influence and impact, not title and accolades.
- I create unforgettable moments with those I love.
- I have 5 great friends.
- I am stunningly polite.
- I unplug my TV.
- I read daily.
- I avoid the news.
- I am content with what I have.
- I pursue my dreams.
- I am authentic.
- I am passionate.
- I say sorry when I know I should.
- I grasp every moment to celebrate another person.
- I have a vision for my life.
- I know my strengths.
- I focus my mind on the plenty rather than the lack.
- I am patient.
- I always keep going – there is ALWAYS something left.
- I clean up my messes.
- I use impeccable words.
- I travel.
- I honour my parents.
- I am a great teammate.
- I give none of my energy to critics.
- I spend time in the mountains.
- I know my top 5 values.
- I focus on achieving results rather than simply being busy.
- I innovate and iterate.
- I speak less. I listen more.
- I am the best person I know.
- I make my life matter.
In order for people to eventually look up to me, I am best served to be reaching higher.