Friday 1 August 2008

Landmark Forum

This was an extraordinary weekend.

I saw some people who were really struggling, as people, Friday morning, become free from the things that were holding them back - had done so for years.

I hadn't spoken to my children's mother for seven (7) years. With a little support from my new friend Kate, was able to ring her, make a time for her to call into my home, and discuss our three kids.

I also called my mother and told her I loved her - which is undeniably true. Although, last week I wouldn't have believed that call possible.

Some aspects of the Forum I found incredibly boring - especially the constant attempts to market the stuff.

The methodology in signing up people I am uncomfortable with - even though, the results in people's lives, from doing the Forum, have apparently been dramatic. Whether the change will be lasting is the question.

The parts that were good, were extraordinarily fantastic!

New eyes through which to view NOW, and my life...

Nov 2014 - There are some parts that made a lasting impression - "Vicious Circles"
For a more useable approach to this see the ABC's of Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy" ABC - a crash course

While it can be part or the start of the journey, it is not a destination.

I saw people fundamentally alter the way they look at the world.

I saw a lot of people stripped of their coping mechanisms and then left to fend for themselves. NOT POSSIBLE and hardly fair and reasonable.

The human journey is just that, a journey.

What worried me at the time was the lack of ongoing support - unless you continued to do their courses and became "Landmarked."

The vulnerable, impressionable, easily swayed people, would be advised to tread carefully.

It remains the case that I got some fundamentally important ways to look at life and life's events.
On balance I benefitted from it but still remain cautious of their marketing and their tendency to USE people as volunteers.

No comments: