Monday 30 January 2012

Consider "Keep On, Keeping On" - Author Unknown

Colonel Sanders went to more than 1,000 places trying to sell his chicken recipe before he found an interested buyer. The fact that I can buy Kentucky Fried Chicken today attests to his perseverance.

Thomas Edison tried almost 10,000 times before he succeeded in creating the electric light. If he had given up, I would be reading this in the dark!

The original business plan for what was to become Federal Express was given a failing grade on Fred Smith¹s college exam. In the early days, their employees would cash their pay-checks at retail stores, rather than banks. This meant it would take longer for the money to clear, thereby giving Fed Ex more time to cover their payroll.

Sylvester Stallone had been turned down a thousand times by agents and was down to his last $600 before he found a company that would produce Rocky. The rest is history!

To truly succeed requires some commitment to my goal.

Often people have quit just short of success.

I’ll have one more go.

When I really believe in what I am doing, I’ll give it what it needs to go forward.

I just might succeed.

There is no such thing as failure, really.

Every action produces an outcome.

It may not always be the outcome I am looking for, but it is an outcome nonetheless.

When I monitor the results of my actions and keep correcting what is not working, I am getting closer to the outcome I am looking for.

Persistence overcomes Resistance.

As was said about President Calvin Coolidge: “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with great talent. Genius will not. Un-rewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not. The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”

Keeping going in the face of obstacles can allow a miracle to happen!

That miracle might just be me J

No comments: