Saturday 15 September 2007

Be easy on myself.

I am reminded of the story of the farmer who said:

"It's easy for that politician to plow my field, when he is two thousand miles away from it, and his plow is a pen!"

It's in the execution that the challenges lie; and the glory lies.

Someone else said:

"It's not what you GET in pursuit of your goals, it's what you BECOME."

Is it the motto of the Special Olympics:

"Let me win. But if I can't win, let me be brave in the attempt."

Did I hear somewhere about the Olympics (paraphrased):

"Ask not for victory,
Ask for courage.
For when you go on in a struggle,
You bring honour to yourself.
Even more,
You bring honour to us all."


It is better for me to acknowledge that I have assets or traits that I wish to build up - rather than starting again.

To acknowledge that I wont be perfect in the execution. That some days I just wont make it.

That some days I will.

Doesn't even have to be most days.

That relaxation, laughter, fun are essential ingredients.

I'm at the face of the gold seam digging. It HAS to be my decision how I mine it and the adjustments I make.

I might even hit some poo.

I'll just put it behind me and keep digging - a good reason not to step back too far.....

I'm looking for the gold. I don't have to take anything with me I don't want to take.



I cannot know how close I am, only that I control whether my journey continues - no-one else.

Really it doesn't matter how close I am - only that I am enjoying the journey.

2 comments:

Snellopy said...

I've had this post open a fair chunk of today, scouring old bookmarks for this image that it made me think of: http://edifyencouragebuild.blogspot.com/2012/07/dont-give-upyoure-almost-there.html

Keep digging mate!

Jorgo said...

You are a gem Snellopy!
I Googled "Snellopy" to see if it had meaning - I came up with pages and pages of posts, respones and articles.
I found the meaning of Snellopy is in the meaning you give it, and the world, everyday by progressing discussions and positively touching others.
thankyou so much for stopping by and all the very best in your digging.