Saturday 15 September 2007

Helen Keller

"The world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it." - Helen Keller (Who was blind and deaf and went on, with the right help, to inspire people enormously)

There is power in the words we use.

The power we ascribe to them.

I find Helen Keller inspirational because of what she overcame.

Would she have had the impact on our world without those obstacles to rise above?

No.

In adversity, is greatness allowed to be.

Life is full of great times and worthy challenges.

As it is full of lessons to be learnt and skills developed.

I don't have to lose my vision to see them. Or lose my hearing to listen to them.

Rather, I just need to turn my face towards the progressive ideas that allow me to see and hear the possibilities.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said and I agree. Our challenges most certainly make us stronger.

Jorgo said...

Ta Laurie,
It's just having the resilience built up in time to survive them, isn't it?
Regards,
Hugh

Wendi said...

Helen Keller is certainly qualified to teach us that lesson, isn't she? What a remarkable person.

I definitely like her idea of focusing on the overcoming instead of the suffering.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Jorgo said...

Ta Wendi,

Your Blog is uplifting and I would encourage everyone to read it.

Best regards,

Hugh